Monday, November 21, 2016

Opening of the plenary assembly of the Episcopal Conference – Infovaticana

blàzquez-plenary assembly

I spent this morning at the opening of the plenary assembly of the Episcopal Conference. It is an act curious that those who do not have ever seen it is unlikely to pretend. Despite repeated time after time without hardly a novelty any.

the bishops meet in the Aula Magna to hear the speech of the president of the EEC and a few words from the papal nuncio. With priests of the environment Añastro and representatives of the media and any that want to join.

Today there was an overbooking failed. I want to say that planned but not filled. And they have placed more chairs than the usual. Surely thinking, it’s a guess, that the new cardinal archbishop Osoro would attract more staff. But since we all knew that the new cardinal of Madrid was not going to be present for their duties in rome. One, placed in its usual place where it is installed means, you can say that there were more empty chairs than ever before. Not very many. Simply I say more.

The opening is still a rite. The entry in the plenary occurs a greeting that went with the bishops that we know of. Of course those who know any bishop. Many cameras or editors are sent by their companies to cover a fact that they do not know anyone. And therefore does not fit the smaller personal greeting. Other know some, or enough, or almost all. And almost we’re going more by that than by the speeches, extremely expendable, the president and the papal nuncio. And in addition to giving us the president’s printed.

Or a priest, to me unknown, so I asked who it was, we met at the "journalists", separating us from what we were doing and joined us, which herd, on the bottom floor, to then lead us on which such a thing at the place that we had allocated. Kindly, it is true, but foolishly. Each one was separated by the road to greet who he seems but then I was the keeper calling out to the order of the herd. Maybe you thought , and if so what should I do look, that there had gone all to listen to gawking the speeches of Blázquez and Fratini.

I shook the hand of the one who gave me the wins but always after the thrust of that curilla or a girl is also very friendly to which he entrusted the driving end of the herd. Feel like I come from send you to do heck with a name and a surname, that will naturally know, but taking into account the year of mercy, which has just ended, and are confident that you were moving the best will, for I will not say more. But next time, if you repeat, the cut of the sleeves what you have insured and your public appearance, And if I put in Añastro because with more relevance. To see if you dare. I’d love to.

The speech of the president, with his voice monotonous, and which they will add other qualifiers, it seemed to me the most vapid of all of those there I have heard that it is a few. Perhaps more brief than others. That is to thank. I still remember one in which he requested a minute of silence for already know God what you would have to resort to the file. A minute of silence as if it were a mayor podemita or PP. Feel like I got to interrupt it with an Our Father. I’m not going to say that his predecessor would be less adormilantes. That’s what they were. But in them there was something, or rather of substance. In the Blázquez, apart ball-in-command, nothing more.

The Nuncio, formal, as it should be. I found it too long. If not what would have been is that possibly to me what this Announcement always seems to me very long.

The presidency, desasistidísima. The president, two cardinals, Amigo and Cañizares, and the papal nuncio. Did I forget any? The cardinal Friend I think I should say that he has discovered the elixir of eternal youth. Being the largest, with years, seemed to be the youngest of the quarternary via. You should write a book, best seller insurance, as a bishop is happy. Because it always gives the impression that it is. In active or emeritus. Always smiling, always available, always present wherever we call the Church. I don’t want to say more although I could. Or I think I might.

Since that is what I want to tell you of what I experienced this morning. I went immediately, once finished the public, because I expected a few friends to eat a few miles away. Of course I’m not going to tell you who were the bishops who greeted him. Not as many as I would like, not to habérmelos found of in front although some saw him from afar, but that are things that I keep in my heart. I think also that those bishops that I don’t have any sympathy, no doubt merecidísima for my part, have never been the subject of an impertinence on my part to approach. But I want to make mention, without assignment by him, three emeritus to those who greeted him. Two of them know that I have very in the heart. With the third I have not had just treatment but the one that I had, having always considered to be a good bishop, was generosísimo on your part. And today, once more. The second. The first two I don’t have to tell them anything because they know I love them very m uch. The third, which I have been delighted to greet you and to thank you for your sympathy. It is not the last time. I hope that you have not been in the Assembly only three emeritus because it would be easy enough to identify. There were more than three because I saw at least a quarter of that I also have a very good concept. Even if you’ve never spoken with him.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment