Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The infected nurse: “I think the fault is in doffing” – The País.com (Spain)

The infected nurse: "I think the fault is in doffing" – The País.com (Spain)

Send video

With the very tired voice, Teresa Romero, the nursing assistant infected with the Ebola virus, said El Pais that the possible source of infection could be on the way in which the protective suit was removed after entering the room of religious Manuel García Viejo. “I think the problem is in removing the suit. I see as the most critical moment, which could happen, but do not know for sure.” Thus, Romero points from the isolation room on the sixth floor of the public hospital Carlos III de Madrid where he was admitted Tuesday morning, what could be the fault that caused the infection, after attending the missionary who He died on 25 September. “I hope to get out of this, I have to get out of this,” he assured with a small voice and hope. “Today I have a fever, I find something better,” noted the first person infected by Ebola in Europe.

“I’m good, good, so to speak, I’m better,” described the nursing assistant with 15 years experience, which came twice in the upstairs died of Ebola. One to serve and in the second case, to clean the room after his death. Yet today no fever, as has explained that she did not want to miss the opportunity to thank their colleagues who are receiving treatment. “This very grateful to the colleagues, I say that a lot of encouragement.”

Meanwhile, Germán Ramírez of Internal Medicine Unit for Tropical Diseases of La Paz-Carlos III, has reported that he has spoken three times with the sick to go over the moves made on the two occasions that had contact with the religious García Viejo. Romero, according to the health, believes he could have been infected when the face with gloves to remove the suit, after the first visit touched. “I may not have been a mistake, but an accident,” he added, reports Galvez JJ Jimenez. also the deputy medical director of the hospital, Yolanda Fuentes, has asserted that these maneuvers may go unnoticed and that was today, Wednesday, when the auxiliary commented what happened.

Romero, assistant clinical 44, with 15 years of experience and Galician, spins what could happen in the twice who entered the room Viejo Manuel García, the second died of Ebola. One to serve and in the second case, to clean the room after his death. “The ruling could be off the suit, I see as the most critical moment, but I do not know,” he explains. But he concludes: “I do not even know what could have happened”

The physicians caring for Teresa Romero have reported to the hospital doors Carlos III the latest version of the Ebola infected on the way forward. for virus. touch gloves he used his own face to remove the suit after a contact with the sick missionaries who attended

Ensures that spends hours insulation sleeping and looking at mobile, through which has been in contact with the country. Notes that does not know “a lot” of what is happening outside. Account that has a TV in the room but do not even know if it works. Teresa Romero is “very grateful” to the staff treating him, his own colleagues. “They tell me a lot of encouragement,” he adds. “I hope to get out of this, I have to leave this” goodbye.

Speaking to Four, the nursing assistant has said that no one told him he was infected and he learned the web EL COUNTRY, which accessed from your phone. He has also admitted that it told her doctor, who attended him at the health center who had been in contact with infected. Then when he began to feel worse, he called 061 and an ambulance came for her to move her to the Hospital of Alcorcón. “The nurses who treated me were normal dresses, unprotected” Once entered, he asked the doctor for the result. “No I meant it and I already suspected,” said

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment